Friday 10 January 2014

Former Aston Villa Footballer, Thomas Hitzlsperger, Says He Is A Gay

31year former Aston Villa, Everton, West Ham & German midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger has come out as gáy. But he waited to retire from football before revealing his sexuál preference.
Hitzlsperger, who retired in September 2013 due to a knee injury yesterday told a German newspaper 
"I'm coming out about my homosexuálity because I want to move the discussion about homosexuálity among professional sportspeople forwards. In England, Italy & Germany being a homosexuál is no big thing, at least not in the dressing room"
"The awareness of being gáy was a long and difficult process. Only in recent years has it dawned on me that I would prefer to live with another man. I've never been ashamed of my sexuálity"

John Fashanu's brother, Justin Fashanu and US footballer Robbie Rogers were the first footballers to come out as gáy. Hitzlsperger was probably wise to wait to retire before revealing this to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment