Sunday 5 January 2014

Pogba: I dreamt of playing for Barca or Arsenal

The France international has admitted that he wanted to play for the Blaugrana or the Gunners, while claiming "no country is immune from racism"
Juventus midfielder Paul Pogba has revealed that he used to dream of playing for Barcelona or Arsenal, but added that he's happy with life at his current club.
The France international joined the Bianconeri from Manchester United in the summer of 2012 and has since developed into a key player at the Serie A champions.
He has been heavily linked with a move to Paris Saint-Germain, with the French side confirming earlier this week that they want to sign Pogba at the end of the season, but he's happy to stay under Antonio Conte's tutelage for now.

"I am feeling very well at Juventus, although I cannot deny that I used to dream about playing for Arsenal or Barcelona when I was a child," the 20-year-old told La Repubblica.

"For me, Juventus were all about Zinedine Zidane, David Trezeguet and Pavel Nedved. They had talent, class, discipline and were united as a team."

Pogba then went on to reflect on his decision to leave Manchester United for Juve and revealed that Sir Alex Ferguson advised him not to join the Turin giants due to the racism in Italy.

"I am very grateful to Ferguson. He believed in me, even though I did not play a lot. He told me not to go to Italy. He warned me against racism and thought I wouldn't feel right here.

"As for racism, no country is immune against it. There's racism in England as well. Just look at what happened with John Terry and Luis Suarez."

No comments:

Post a Comment