Wednesday 10 September 2014

Walcott: Arsenal will have the fastest attack with Alexis & Welbeck

The forward feels the new attacking options at the Emirates Stadium gives the Gunners an edge over their Premier League rivals and hopes to return in "a matter of weeks"
Theo Walcott cannot wait to make his #Arsenal return and play alongside new signings Alexis Sanchez and Danny Welbeck.
The forward pair arrived for just under £50 million in the summer, and were joined by defensive options Mathieu Debuchy, Calum Chambers and David Ospina.
The former #Barcelona man has already netted twice since making his debut, while Welbeck bagged a brace for #England against #Switzerland, and Walcott is excited by the new attacking talent on show in north London."I hope we'll have the fastest forward line in the Premier League. It's exciting times," he told The Daily Mirror. "It will hopefully put Arsenal where we should be – winning trophies."They will fit the bill perfectly. Alexis has settled in very quickly. Danny is a hard worker. He always puts his heart on the line.
"At times, I thought he needed to be a bit more selfish so I was very happy on Monday night. It's the one thing he has changed and he will get more goals now unless he sees me in a good position, of course.
"When you see the amount of money that has been spent. It has been well documented over the years that we haven't spent as much but Arsenal are doing it the right way and spending it wisely."
Walcott has been out of action since damaging a cruciate knee ligament in January and confirmed he is "a matter of weeks" away from returning, though he dismissed reports he could face Tottenham on September 27.
He continued: "You've got to look at these injuries as a bit of a blessing at times. I've never had the opportunity to work on the strength in my legs so hopefully I should be quicker and stronger.
"This injury was always going to take nine months. I haven't put a specific date or looked at a game yet. I think there was rumours of me coming back for the Spurs game, which is definitely not going to happen."
He added to the club's official website: "But I'm just pleased it's hopefully now only a matter of weeks before I'll be back playing. I'm just looking forward to getting out there and playing again."

No comments:

Post a Comment